Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Saying "So What?" to "What If ..."

"What ifs" are awful. They make us feel awful and sometimes act that way too.

Tonight I was thinking about my job and struggling with "what ifs."

~What if I have to work drive through for a while tomorrow? (Stressful!!!)
~What if I don't like next week's schedule?

You know. Those sort of worries. And on the list went.

But then I realized that "what ifs" aren't worth it!

So I sat myself down and wrote out all my "what ifs." They ranged from work to college to my future. As I wrote, I was giving them to God. He's bigger than my worries any day!

So what if I have to work drive through?

So what if my future plans don't work?

God will still love me. He'll never leave me. He'll always be faithful.

Enough of my worrying.

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)


1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify ... not all my worries were as trivial as if I'll work drive through tomorrow! I had some much bigger concerns on the list. Some of you probably have huge concerns on your heart. But praise the Lord, He cares about the little things and the big ones too!

    ReplyDelete