Friday, November 30, 2012

Little Victories

I'm excited.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the book I'm currently "writing"--but I haven't been writing. Right after returning from college, I blamed stress for my lack of creativity. I said I didn't have enough emotional energy. And then I continued using that excuse for a while after coming home ... I mean, upsetting situations like leaving college don't just disappear over night, right?

Lately, I've been trying to realize that, hey, I'm okay! I'm home. I have a job. I have plans for next year. I don't need to hang on to that stress.

So I had another reason for not working on my book. I was working through another revision of my last book, as I want to get back to work seeking an agent for that one. My plan was to focus on one book at a time, and my current book wasn't the book I was going to devote time to.

But lately, I've been having trouble getting the name of my current main character out of my head. I missed her story. I was tired of revising the other one.

So I broke down, and I finally wrote a new scene in my newest book.

And I'm excited.

I haven't written a successful scene for this book since before or during my college experience. It feels so good to be back at it!

Little victories can be more important than we think. They can be part of God's shaping us into the people He wants us to be.

Have you had any little victories in your life lately? How could God be using them towards your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment