Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Much

It's illogical, and most Christians know it. But I'm pretty sure we all think it, or at least we are tempted to think it sometimes.

I've done something God can't forgive.

We know from God's Word that a Christian can never lose his salvation or the precious love of God. But when we blow it--and sometimes, let's face it, we majorly blow it--we think God won't love us anymore.

I won't go on and on explaining why this is wrong, because I think most of you reading this know that already (if you don't though, contact me and we can talk). Today, I want to present a reminder of how much Jesus loves even people who have sinned greatly.

In speech class today I'm doing a presentation from Luke seven. This passage talks about the sinful woman who anointed Jesus's feet. Verse 47 says, "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little."

She loved much. And in verse 50, Jesus statement to the woman shows His own love for her: "And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace."

Next time you're tempted to pout over your sin (and yes, at some point genuine remorse turns into pouting), remember that, while this by no means justifies sin, being forgiven of much is a chance for you to love much. And Jesus loves you even more.

The fact is, we all have sinned much.

May each memory of Christ's forgiveness teach us to love Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment