Thursday, October 10, 2013

Just ... Life

I'm sitting in my dorm room right now, looking at a bit of a mess. Things aren't put away, I have shoes tumbling out of my closet, and I need to wash a couple of my dishes.

And while I'm doing pretty well on my schoolwork, I have a short paper due Wednesday that I'm just beginning, and next Thursday holds an exam and quiz I haven't prepared for at all.

For tonight, my itinerary holds speech practice, dorm devos, a possible Skype meeting with a friend who's on the other side of the world, an important e-mail, and writing the next segment of my book-in-progress. All before midnight!

Each thing in itself is little. My mess is relatively little. My schoolwork is manageable. And nothing I have to do tonight is difficult in itself. But when each detail gets piled on the other, I get discouraged.

But I have to refocus on the incredible life God has given me.

I'm in college. And just when I was sure our college had the prettiest campus ever with its amazing views, now the leaves on the trees are turning for fall, and I wake to pink sunrises that make me think something like, God, how on earth did I get the chance to go to college in such a beautiful place?

Even on the days I'm stressed, I come back to my room and I like it. I'm fortunate enough to have a private room, and this year I've been able to make it cute and cozy. I feel like I have a place of my own; it's a good feeling.

I've written a book, and no matter how long this publishing journey takes or what twists are in the path, I'm so privileged to be on this road at all!

And tonight in a special message I've been reminded of just how much Jesus loves me, and what it means that I'll get to spend eternity with Him.

So my messy room? My homework? My business?

Nothing.

God has given me a path to walk, and even when it's hard, I can walk it praising and holding His hand.
 
"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."
(Psalm 34:1)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment