Thursday, August 29, 2013

Of Attitude and Sleep

It's hard to explain.

I've been thrilled to be back in college with my friends and the familiar places and people. I've been glad that I have another chance to learn more about God. Despite all that, lately, my attitude towards the classwork has been awful.

God is good, though. Last night I started giving Him my emotions and my trust for this semester. And this morning I woke feeling way better.

Life gets overwhelming pretty often, and the truth is we can't handle our problems on our own. Not God's way. The way we deal with problems and being overwhelmed is hugely important: will we give things to God or try to handle them on our own?

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."
(Psalm 18:2)
 
P.S. And for the record, getting a little extra sleep can help one's perspective too. Just passing that on. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment