Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Thoughts

It's late, and my brain isn't really cooperating. But I've been thinking about blogging for a while now, so I thought I'd make a quick post. Now that the semester is over, I really have quite a lot of things I could talk about, but I'll keep it simple. Five thoughts from this semester (don't be surprised if I write posts elaborating on them later...).

~ God's plans are the best. I never planned on going to the college I'm at now, but I'm so thankful that I did!

~ God is always good. This world can be a terrible place sometimes, but in these past few months I've learned to trust through the hard times.

~ It's amazing to think that God thinks about us. A friend told me to read Psalm 40 this semester; verse five says, "Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered." Just the thought that God thinks about us--insignificant as we are--should be enough to make us pause and be thankful.

~ God is more than capable of getting me through things I never thought I could handle. I didn't know if I could do this whole college thing, but God saw me through this semester, and I look forward to continuing.

~ Priorities are a hard thing to keep straight. Motives too. One thing I realized this semester is that wanting God isn't enough. I have to want Him most.

No comments:

Post a Comment