Thursday, March 28, 2013

Forced to Think

Want to know one of the best things about college? It's this: you're forced to think (at least a little bit).

At home, it's pretty easy for me to read a passage of Scripture and then lay it aside without trying to understand what it means. But you can't do that when you're taking a Bible study exam and you have to explain how a passage relates to its context.

In my regular life, it's easy to glide over the issue of the role of women in the church. I just coast along, believing what my parents and church believe. But when I'm having to write a paper about it, I have to see what the Bible really says.

And while I've heard the Beatitudes for seemingly forever ... I don't know if I've ever had to think about them as hard as I had to in Christology class the other day.

So while college can be a bit stressful and crazy (things are getting better, though), it has its perks.

Thinking about things is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment